Friday, August 25, 2017

Five Minute Friday Post - The word this week is GUIDE

Jumping In

Five Minute Friday Post - The word this week is GUIDE.
The is my first time posting for FMF and I'm excited to join a community of Christian writers. I'm also scared. I joined because need encouragement and "guidance" as I jump into the writing world more seriously than ever.

When I think about a guide, I naturally go to the Holy Spirit. Daily, I ask for His guidance. I also also ask Him to make it real clear for me, because I don't want to miss it. I don't want to miss anything anymore. Time is just too short and the older I get the faster it passes. So I'm seeking Him and making myself available.

I've wanted to write for years and I believe God put that desire in my heart. Back then I wanted to write steamy, summer beach reads. Now, I want to write what He wants to tell someone. I may never know who that is or how they might be affected, but that doesn't matter. I have only to obey my guide, God will take it from there.

My five minutes are up.

You can find FMF at http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/

5 comments:

  1. Welcome! I'm glad you're trying FMF! I've enjoyed the challenge and the inspiration to keep writing. Keep it up! :)

    Christy Cabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to FMF! I'm so glad you've joined us and I hope you enjoy being part of this community. I have certainly found lots of encouragement here and learned a lot about writing. I love that you're stepping out in obedience to God. Look forward to reading more! Visiting from #13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome. This is my third post on Five Minute Friday. I had to laugh at how your writing direction has changed. So typical of life. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you here at FMF. I posted off and on, but right now I am more committed to all my writing and to God's plan. Takes a while to get my hands off the wheel. I love that you are following the Lord's leading.

    ReplyDelete