Sunday, November 22, 2015

"Heart" Guest

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation3:20&version=NASB

Our God seeks us. He seeks us in many ways. He will enter into your life, but He won't barge in. You must invite Him. Do that and your life will never be the same.

We might have house guests from time to time, especially during the holidays. Although, we love them and enjoy the visit, often we are happy to see them leave. We want our homes and lives back to normal, doing things our way.

Jesus is more than a house guest; He's a "heart" guest. He is like a best friend who builds you up, corrects you when you're wrong, loves you and cares for you--ALWAYS. He is the guest you'll never want to leave and the only baggage He's carrying is YOURS.

We all have two choices; however, to continue living on your own or to invite Him into your heart. I made my choice to invite Jesus into my life 13 years ago. I made a room in my heart and now He's taken over the whole thing. He is no longer a guest but has become a permanent resident.

Sure, sometimes I may feel alone but I know that I have a trusted friend in Jesus. He's someone I can go to any time about anything. He knows everything about me and He loves me--ALWAYS. He loves you too.

Send Him an invitation. I guarantee you He'll show up. He is already waiting at the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment