Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Day 31 - Rest

Rest?

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, (NASB)

This Hebrew verse was the guiding light for this 31 day challenge. I didn't run well enough to post daily, but I did find the endurance to make it through to the last day. I feel good about that.

Resting though? Hmmm, I don't think so. I feel like the challenge was my training and now I'm at the starting block to start my race, and it's a long one. A marathon, not a sprint. 

I always wanted to be a runner, but I'm not. I'm a walker one foot in front of the other pushing as far as I'm able or as time allows. I listen to godly teachers, to God's word, I pray, I observe the birds, and squirrels (we have so many in the neighborhood - it's creepy sometimes), and admire my neighbors' landscaping. 

At the beginning of this it was all about the writing, then I went to a writers conference and learned how social media and gaining followers is a must for a writer. I spent the next few weeks trying to set up a new WordPress blog, friending, and following. Doing the things I absolutely avoided, even swore I would never do. I learned a lot too, but I feel like I slowed down. 

Yes, I have to find a better way to establish the tech side so that I can focus on the writing side. I feel energized, happy, and fulfilled when I'm writing, so that is what I'm going to do. I'm not resting yet. It's time for me to establish a steady pace and run my race. I can't see the finish line yet.

Challenge met, my five minutes (maybe a few more) are up.

Thanks   and Five Minute Fridays. 

Click her for My 31 Days of Free Writing Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment