Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God is Prompting Me

Well, I did it. I started a blog today.

For two weeks, now, I've been thinking about starting a faith-based blog for Christian Women. Thinking about it, planning it, designing it in my mind, talking about it with friends but not acting on it. The bible tells us to obey God's direction immediately. That’s what I read in my new bible last night. I was reading the Life Principles Bible (Charles F. Stanley, 2009, NAS). I've wanted it for a while now, and was able to get it with gift card I received for Christmas. I was studying Life Principle four and looked up a verse about the value of diligence as it relates to one’s work life when I found the following verse:

Ecclesiastes 11:4
He who watches the wind will not sow and he who looks at the clouds will not reap.

In other words, “don’t procrastinate”, just obey. For months now, I've been praying on God's plan for me. Is this the answer? Is it really to start a blog? Has He really placed it in my heart and mind to do this?

Colossians 3:20
Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 27:10
“You shall therefore obey the Lord your God, and do His commandments and His statutes which I command you today."

He said "today". Here it is again, just obey. Last night and today, one verse led to another all with the same message--just obey, so I did.

I asked my Pastor once, "What do people mean when they say ‘God talked to me, God placed this on my heart’?” When you've never experienced such a thing, it can sound a little out there for some of us. But, I've come to realize that God does talk to me. He points me in His planned direction sometimes by repeatedly placing the same message right in front of me. I'll hear a praise song, then hear a Sunday sermon, read an article, see something on TV, or read a Bible verse, all of which carry the same message.
Sometimes it takes me a while, but I'm starting to get better at recognizing His answers to my prayers. In my fairly short Christian walk, I've come to realize that this is how God "talks to me".

Today, I'll begin serving Him through this blog for as long as He wants me to, and my hope is that others might also be served.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart - you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete