Friday, January 22, 2010

Serving

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so the we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.

Psalm 60:12
With God's help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down our foes.



On January 20th, I wrote about how God speaks to me, how He points me in the direction He wants for me. He simply places the same message in front of me, repeatedly, until I get it.

When thinking about what my next post should be, I decided to build on the closing statement of my last post. It should be about serving Him. So, I began to search through my bible for verses on serving and found one I had visited before. The verse above, from Ephesians, is in a passage I first visited in January of 2005, then again in February of 2009, even underlining vs. 2:8. Then in May of 2009 I underlined vs. 2:10 and wrote "serve" next to it. Yes, He has been directing my path.

In the Psalm above David tells us that we need only to rely on God, that He will help us. With the help of God's Word, and studying it with good friends, I've come to realize that our foes don't always come in human form. They can be much more menacing things like fear, depression, lack of motivation, alcohol, drugs, or anything else keeping us from Him and the "mighty things" He has planned for us. We have only to put on the Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17) and move fearlessly forward. He will guide the way.

My fear of failure has stopped me from moving forward on so many things. Not on this blog, though. I've heard Him and I'm serving Him by writing it. My actions were confirmed by the two verses I found last night, especially in Ephesians with and the notes in margin reminding me that God has always had a plan for me, I just have to be open to His messages for me.

God blesses all of us with His message.

1 comment: