Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keep the Faith

The Lord has answered my prayers again. Recently, my time has been focused in other areas, keeping me away. I haven't been able to post since Feb. 12th and been asking Him for inspiration and time to write. We've been busy painting at our house and in the middle of it my mother-in-law, Loretta, became very ill and went into the hospital.

First answer,  Loretta is doing much better and will recover soon. Second answer, my friend Vicki wrote a great e-mail, excited about her bible study which she allowed me to share it with you here.

Vicki is a dear friend, and a member of the Life Transformation Group (LTG) held at our Church, as am I. Our goal is to read the entire bible, cover to cover, in one year. We are now in our second year and learning even more than the first. Funny how God works, isn't it?

Since I had aways hoped to have guest authors, I thought what better time to begin than with this message from Vicki. The excerpts will help those unfamiliar with the Gospel of Mark to better understand Vicki's message. Enjoy!

Mark 5 (Excerpts from the chapter) NLT
Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Man
2 When Jesus climbed out of the boat, a man possessed by an evil[b] spirit came out from a cemetery to meet him. . . .
8 For Jesus had already said to the spirit, “Come out of the man, you evil spirit.”
9 Then Jesus demanded, “What is your name?”And he replied, “My name is Legion, because there are many of us inside this man.”
10 Then the evil spirits begged him again and again not to send them to some distant place.
11 There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding on the hillside nearby.
12 “Send us into those pigs,” the spirits begged. “Let us enter them.”
13 So Jesus gave them permission. The evil spirits came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the entire herd of 2,000 pigs plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water.

Hope your having a fantabulous day! I wanted to share my Bible study with you.

So I'm reading Numbers and the Lord is speaking to me. The theme is faith. He's speaking to me loud and clear and all over the place about faith in Him and nothing else.

The 40 years of wandering began and ends at the very spot they lost their faith. I want to walk toward the Lord in faith and not follow my flesh in circles. How did it happen that so many lost faith! Who was first and spread it!!

The earth is the dessert and we are all set up in our tribes with many reminders (like the tent of meetings) right in front of us of who should be the center of our lives yet we still grumble about everything and bow down to time - food - desire - pride - the list goes on and on - ugh! Why? have we lost faith?

Then I move on to read Mark - and the legion wants Jesus to cast him (them) into the pigs - why? - because he (they) can rule there - pigs have no faith to fight against legion. Then the people -the sad sad people are afraid and ask Jesus to leave - why???? - because they have no faith and they are afraid the legions will be cast into them and they will lose the battle like the pigs - because they have no faith - like the pigs!!

Lord I want to have faith in only You! Help me to keep You at the center in every movement of every situation and stop my grumbling and give thanks. Keep me on the path toward You and when I'm walking in circles following my flesh please remind me to call out to You to fight the legion with my faith in You! May You be the only one who rules in me!

Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment