Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Ultimate Artist

Jeremiah 18:6 (NLT)

6 “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.”

I’m an impatient person. When I was young my parents did their best to provide me with music & dance education. I took tap dancing, guitar, flute, and clarinet lessons all without success. I thought it should all come easier that it did, so when I wasn’t a performing artist right out of the gate I gave it up and became dissatisfied. I didn’t learn a thing about dance or music because I didn’t’ have the patience for practice or study.

In retrospect I’ve come to be more patient, at least in my Christian walk. I study God’s word daily and try my best to glorify Him through my words and actions. When I don’t understand a particular passage, I look for help from a friend or other resources. I do this because I know there is so much to learn that I may never get it all, but I keep working studying. I’m not good at meditating on God’s Word. I just can’t seem to clear my mind, but I practice everyday. Now, I can look back and see where a prayer was answered or when God disciplined me for going against His will. I pray every day and I’m learning to wait patiently for His direction.

I’ve placed myself in God’s hands, the ultimate artist, to be made over into the person He wants me to be. I’m being patient for the outcome of His handy work because the process has become so peaceful for me. No longer do I hold my husband, co-workers, or boss responsible for my happiness and success. I have relinquished myself and others of that burden and laid it before the Lord. I have only to trust Him; to be patient and trusting that He has a plan and purpose for me.

Is it easy? Sure, on some days more than others. On the others, though, I still spend time with the Lord. I know that sharing my thoughts here, with you, I’m experiencing a peace as never before. I just know that I’m doing what God wants me to do right now. Perhaps there is someone that will benefit from reading what He is saying through me. I hope this is so and trust that it is.

Know this; He has a plan and purpose for all of us. You have only to be patient and allow Him to be the potter; the artist at work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment