Thursday, October 14, 2010

When your in the battle. . .

As a follow-up from the previous piece -

Since the Lord helped me identify what the problem is, that my procrastination, distraction, and anxiety were the result of spiritual attack, the Lord has provided (as He always does) ways for me to be victorious in battle. Here are a few of the scriptures He's given me. With God's word and the support that my sisters at church unknowingly provide, I am more aware of the enemy and his methods. I am not only aware, but I'm also relieved and free. Yes, to some this may sound crazy, but if one believes in God, why wouldn't they also believe that there is an enemy? We just don't have to allow him to have a stronghold in our lives. For that, we have Jesus.

All are from the New American Standard Bible:

Ephesians 6:13
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.


Psalm 37:3-4  Security of Those Who Trust in the LORD, and Insecurity of the Wicked.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Matthew 6:25, 33 The Cure for Anxiety
25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Psalm 91:2-3a Security of the One Who Trusts in the LORD.
2I  will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"

3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper.