Monday, October 30, 2017

Day 30 - Refine

Keep Going

Malachi 3:2 For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap.

Side note: I had to look up fuller to find out what it means. Fullers pressed or scoured cloth in a mill, usually with their feet,  (Anglo-Saxon) fullian means "to whiten". Thank you Biblegateway.

Start-

At first I read refine but thought revise. No, that's not right, the prompt today is refine

To refine is to remove the impurities, to make pure by fire, as the verse says. The really hard times in life often seem like trial by fire experiences. Those times can bring out the best in us, and this is God's plan. To always make us better, to refine us into Christ image. To set us apart. To sanctify us. Yes, Lord, but why does it have to be so hard?

Isn't that what we do with our writing. Not revise, but at some point begin to refine.To make it better. To remove the extraneous, the unnecessary. To make it pure. Yes, Lord, but why does it have to be so hard?

I know that I am not where He wants me to be in life or in my writing. Yes, anything worth doing is worth doing well. That's corny but true and how I look at writing. I have to work at it and will keep working. Yes, it will be hard even when it gets better.

I didn't have to work hard to be accepted by Jesus. That was already done, without refining. I only had to say Yes Lord. He made me whiter than snow. It was easy for me, even though it was hard for Him. 

Click here for My 31 Days of Free Writing Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment