Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day 10 - Listen

I Will Listen and Believe

I lost a few days but I'm back on track, running my race and learning to be a writer. I am a writer.

I listened, and listened, and listened to so much information last weekend at the Breathe Conference for Christian writers. Now, I feel like a can breathe. I feel like the whole experience was confirmation of God's plan for my life.

During my time there, certain things came up that I realized God placed in my life, or placed me in the right place to acquire or accomplish in the course of my regular job. These things made me more able to do the writing part of His plan.

I am so grateful to have participated in the conference and to meet other writers who are actually writing. It's not a hobby, they aren't  dabbling, not researching, they are WRITING! I am WRITING!

I listened to so much good advice, but the best of all, was to pray about it. To ask God to Bless my writing, to lead me, make me responsive to His prompting. Just like the band Casting Crowns says it, I Will Listen and Believe the Voice of Truth, that's what I'll do. I certainly couldn't say it any better.

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/




2 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you had such a confirming experience! I write and then convince myself it’s a waste of time. The voice in my head says that no one cares what I write about anyway. I’m working at quieting that voice and concentrate on writing without worrying about pleasing anyone but God, who gave me this desire and gift. It isn’t easy tho! I pray your writing continues to be blessed! Cindy at www.myseaofthought.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cindy. I have those down days too, but choose to believe I'm doing what God wants and that settles it for me.

    ReplyDelete