Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Day 11 - Remember

Do You Remember?


Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

In this verse, the Lord is asking Joshua, "Have I not commanded you?" He's saying remember My instructions and trust Me. 

We all need reminding from time to time. I know that I sometimes forget that God is with me always. I have nothing to fear when I place my trust in Him. 

We all become from our daily burdens, fearful of upcoming events, or especially fearful of what God has called us to do. Like Joshua we must strong and courageous. In this call to write, that I believe God placed in my heart, I am courageous...today. I will approach it one day at a time. 

As I take the steps laid out for me at the writers' conference I just attended, I'm sure I will be at least doubtful of my ability to take the next one and the next. These feelings will be overcome by my Lord, through the Holy Spirit, Whom He gave me for just this purpose. I am confident in His ability, even if not my own. I will remember today why I'm writing.

Click here for my 31 Day Free Write Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment