Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Day 3 - Create

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Friday, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge at http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/.

Be Creative

I call this 31 days of writing a challenge because it truly is, for me at least. The writing, itself, is coming easier. The challenge came in creating the link so other participants could find my work to read. 

We are four days in and I just now figured out, with the help of a YouTube video, how to add links to my daily posts. I'm so excited and relieved. The video wasn't on exactly the same thing I wanted to do, but watching it opened my mind to applying what I already knew in a different way. I had to learn something before moving forward in my own method of creativity -- writing. I tested it and, yes, it works. This time it worked! I am hopeful as I move forward, still one day behind.

Being creative doesn't always come easy. We are not God. We can't just speak something into being. Don't laugh, I had to think creatively to figure out how to add a simple link on a blog page. This is something I do in emails almost daily. A blog is a different media for me, so I have to work at it.  Take paint and wood, for example, an accomplished artist paints a beautiful portrait, but building a table...hmmm, that might be a challenge.

A good challenge never hurt anyone. It makes one stronger, so I will continue to create and to learn. And I will thank God every day for the ability to do both for His glory.




No comments:

Post a Comment