Friday, October 13, 2017

Day 13 - Invite

Accepting the Invitation

I've been invited into this writing life and I've accepted the invitation. Why wouldn't I? It's going to be a great fun. Right? OK, maybe not fun all the time. I expect there will be as many tears as there will be smiles, but it's too late to say no now. I've already accepted. My presence is expected, even wanted. I'm wanted. I've never felt so wanted.

I'm alone in this job. There isn't department meeting or presentation people are waiting for me to start. I'm not in leadership here. I'm under God's leadership, under His authority in a place of submission. SubWHAT! That's out of character for me. How did that happen? I received His invitation.

Here's the thing, if I don't engage with God, if I don't submit to His will for my life, if I don't invite the Holy Spirit into my mind and heart every time I write (and accept His guidance), God will find someone else to convey His message. That is an opportunity I'm not willing to pass up.

He's called me to this writing thing, yeah -- it's a thing for me now -- and I'm working at doing it well. I'm not there yet, but I'm still running my race and since I'm a slow runner, it's going to take time. This is not a sprint after all, it's a marathon.

Click here for my 31 Days of Free Writing Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment