Saturday, October 14, 2017

Day 14 - Try

Keep Trying

We can only try, and keep trying, until God perfects our efforts according to His plan for the work. The work is hard, yes, but worth it. I've told my children before that anything worth doing is worth working hard to accomplish.

My son plays piano beautifully and he's had to work hard to get there. Trying different practicing techniques and different pieces that challenge him. I used to sit next to a little boy, just learning play, so that he wouldn't feel alone or give up. Now, he's 20 years old and working on a degree in music. I've recently started telling him to pray before he plays and responds, "I always do." I thank
God for that.

As I embark, more seriously than ever, on being a Christian writer, I'm finding so many things to help me get better at it. I will try different methods to improve my technique and help me to reach more readers for His purpose. I will try to meet that challenges set before me with positive resolve. I will try to wait for His prompting and rely on His direction.

My writing is worthless outside of His covering. I will pray before I write.

Click her for My 31 Days of Free Writing Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment