Sunday, October 15, 2017

Day 15 - Remain

Remaining Confident Even When You Don't Know What Comes Next 


Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord' be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

The only way for me to remain confident is to put my confidence in the Lord. That's me now.

I am not a confident person. In my work, I've always felt as though I lacked something. No one ever told me that; the feeling is completely on me. For years, that feeling made me work very hard, for long hours at my job and when that wasn't enough, I went back to school. Then I had to pursue a high GPA, no B's for me. Enough was never enough, just more to prove. Now, I'm trying to put that behind me.

Maybe, that will be hared as I start on the writing path, but the source of my confidence in writing must come from Jesus, and remain there. If I truly believe that He has called me to write, then  my confidence to be in only one place. Not myself. Not my readers. Only in Christ.

Confidence is not "They will like Me.
Confidence is "I'll be fine if they don't." 
-Cristina Crimme.

I must resolve to remain strong and confident in Jesus, and trust Him to give me the words for just the right person and purpose. If I hold fast to this belief, I will be fine. I won't lack anything, and I'll win this race!

Click her for My 31 Days of Free Writing Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment