Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day 18 - Share

The Writer's Mission to Share


Psalm 16:5-7Living Bible (TLB)
The Lord himself is my inheritance, my prize. He is my food and drink, my highest joy! He guards all that is mine. He sees that I am given pleasant brooks and meadows as my share![a] What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the Lord who counsels me; he gives me wisdom in the night. He tells me what to do.


Sharing what is on our hearts and minds, as writers, isn't that our true mission? Our great commission, even. If God has truly called me to write, then I must write. I must work at becoming better and better. I must pray, become connected with the Holy Spirit, and allow Him to do His work through me. And there's that submission thing again, but that's for another day.

The Lord is my prize and I claim Him. He feeds me and brings me joy. He provides for me so that I may be available to focus on the work He has for me. Inspiration is readily given so that I may pursue His purpose for my words. Everyday beauty in my surroundings gives me something to write about. Five Minute Fridays provides weekly prompts, and daily prompts in October.

If I focus on writing, then I make myself open to the Spirit's promptings to do just that. In the act of posting or publishing I am sharing. Sharing is important. A writer will never know the full impact of his or her words. I must be mindful of where those words come from, as they come with great responsibility.

I don't hold myself in a high position, but a humble one, and pray that God keeps me there. Left to my own devices, and with a little success in this writing thing, I could become proud of my own efforts. Instead, hope to bless the Lord and His readers, that's right His readers--He brings them. I'm on His mission. I ask for His counsel and pray for wisdom so that I will do what He tells me. None of this comes from me (except the occasional misspelling or grammatical error, that's all me).

Click here for My 31 Days of Free Writing Table of Contents

This is the October Free Write from Five Minute Fridays, that's 31 days of writing with a new prompt each day. My first year and I've taken up the challenge even though I'm starting late. http://fiveminutefriday.com/community/

No comments:

Post a Comment